Eco Farmer - We feel we are guardians of our farmland and the woodland we own. Because it is important that we maintain the hedges, ditches, soil quality, animals, flora and fauna that live here . Dragonflies can be seen on our woodland walk, Sherford river, lake, and ponds. We plant gardens to encourage bees and insects to pollinate the flowers. Every Company's actions have a direct impact on the environment. It is our responsibility to consider this for future generations.
Farmers have to regularly evaluate how we do things and how those actions impact the planet.
What is Farmer Palmers doing to help save the planet?
1. Giving 10% off admission for Green Tourism Partners Guests* (terms apply)
2. Reducing traffic by encouraging public transport. The bus stops at the end of our drive. We offer a 10% discount off admission for visitors with a valid bus ticket Sorry, no discount available during social distancing or online ticketing.
3. Energy Performance Asset rating was assessed at the Hen House Restaurant. As a result, we scored 54 with a C Rating - not bad for a converted silage pit!
4. We harness the sun with our 48 photo-voltaic solar panels on the Hen House roof.
5. Installing a biomass boiler, therefore, reducing our environmental impact on electricity to provide hot water and heat.
6. A huge onsite sewerage treatment tank makes us self-sufficient, hence we return clean water to the River.
7. Furthermore, recycling cardboard & plastic reduces global deposits to landfill
8. Food waste goes into an anaerobic digestion system
9. Cooking oil is sent to be recycled too.
10. Another area we encourage clients to help us is to recycle their rubbish in labelled bins.
11. Nature is important. We support charities including BUGLIFE found here. British Dragonfly Society
12. Update: Due to Covid 19 we've actually reduced our use of paper on the farm as we no longer hand out printed timetables or brochures - another little eco win!
Still finding solutions
As a consequence, it is our ongoing aim to continue to identify and reduce our environmental impact. We have effective measures to minimize waste and energy consumption through implementing recycling, purchasing, and monitoring policies.
Please help us keep Eco by reading our Responsible Visitor Charter