You may be wondering what the changes from 17th May at Farmer Palmer’s are, this news article is here to explain.
Reminder: You MUST have your booking barcode ready to scan in at the front desk on arrival
The hot questions on everyone’s lips are:
- When are you opening Indoor Play
- Is Guinea Pig handling coming back?
- When are you doing Birthday Parties or School/Educational Visits?
- When can we eat inside the Hen House restaurant?
Read on to find out how we’re working towards these . . .
Indoor Play will be allowed but with Social Distancing/Capacity Limits
We have calculated that the ‘Little Farmers Barn’ and the ‘Indoor Soft Play’ will be able to be open with a limited capacity, until the next step.
Little Farmers Barn will be open EVERY DAY from 17th May with our colour-coded wristband system and a member of our team to help as this area has the largest capacity.
Indoor Soft Play will be open for Half Term and then Weekends, with a member of our team and a wristband system initially
Our ventilation will remain as last year which is over and above the required amount.
Fantastic news for everyone and great for wetter days. How we’re going to do it:
- Maintain social distancing by restricting numbers (adults and children)
- Ask all adults to ensure they wear their face coverings inside these areas
- Not allow any eating in these areas
- Ensure these areas are regularly closed for our routine cleaning & hygiene measures
As soon as we have enough team members trained to open indoor soft play during the week, we will make this happen.
When can we cuddle . . . the Guinea Pigs?
One of the best changes from 17th May at Farmer Palmer’s is Guinea Pig handling is coming back to the daily timetable of activities! Thank you for your patience.
We are now re-training the guinea pigs after their ‘fur-lough’, so will be taking it gently. Please photograph the timetable on arrival to see when cuddle-time is open!
Guinea pig handling sessions will take place in the Original Animal Barn.
Goat feeding sessions will still take place in the BIG Barn.
Educational School Visits
We have had 4 enquiries so far and will be opening up for school visits in June.
This is not possible for non-educational (non-Ofsted regulated) groups whilst we still have restrictions on numbers, sorry.
Teachers, please contact us initially on the link below. Please note that
- We will be limited to one group a day.
- Maximum number of 60
- The cost will be £7 per person
- Your educational group leader’s admission is free
- We are currently in the process of updating the website, please bear with us.
Birthday Parties – Re-Opening in June
Birthday Parties fall under ‘Gatherings’.
Current Step 3 guidelines state: Gathering limits will be eased. Outdoor gatherings will be limited to 30 people
This includes adults and children, so we are adapting what we used to do and can now start updating the website, booking system, etc. What we know so far…
- Parties will have a min of 8 and max of 14 children, and some free adult spaces.
- We will limit to one party per day, arriving at 3pm and leaving at 5.30pm, starting on weekends.
- Parties will include; a tractor ride, your own guinea pig handling session, party picnic boxes, or hot food option, drink, ice cream, and our cow-faced blowing out cake (fresh separate cake served in your party bags), and party bags with some changes too.
- We hope to give you further add-on options of a dedicated ‘Dinosaur Walk’ or ‘Pony Groom’. This is still under construction.
- Outdoor eating or the use of our lawn gazebo to keep max outdoor ventilation at tea time.
- Bookings are not open yet.
Bookings will not Open Until Half Term Week.
We want to do the right thing by you, so those people who had booked 2020 parties, carried them forward to 2021 and then had to have them cancelled again, we will be in touch with you to offer you a space.
Reminder of Opening Time Changes
Due to the lack of spaces we have made a little change from Half Term.
Term Time Weekday Opening = 9.30 am – 2.30 pm
Term Time Weekends = 9.30 am – 3.30 pm (until 29th May)
School Holidays & Weekends = Morning & Afternoon Sessions = 9.00 am-1.00 pm & 2.00 pm-5.30 pm
Don’t delay on getting booked in – spaces fill up FAST! Hit the green button below.
Tables are Back In The Restaurant! But . . .
We have been serving brilliant breakfasts, luscious lunches, comforting hot chocolate and tea time treats. Now you can sit in the restaurant again, yippee.
But please still follow the signs and regulations;
“Hospitality venues such as restaurants, cafes and bars can open to the public for indoor and outdoor service. Restrictions apply, 6 persons per table or 2 households only. ”
Enter the Restaurant via the main doors at the front of the building. Changes from 17th May at Farmer Palmer’s mean
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SCAN A QR CODE FOR EVERY PERSON OVER 16 yrs old UPON ORDERING FOOD.
There will be QR codes at the entrance, and at the till. Please help us do the right thing.
- Wash hands before getting food or use sanitiser
- Follow the floor markings and leave by the side doors
- If you would like to sit at a table in the Hen House, choose one with a GREEN table marker showing. Once you have finished simply turn the table marker over to RED so a member of the team can come and sanitise the table ready for the next family.
- Seating in the Hen House will still be limited. Max. group size of 6 or two households please so no pulling tables together
Changes from 17th May at Farmer Palmer’s, last updated 17th May 2021.