Welcome to your January 2022 update from Farmer Palmer’s Farm Park
When is the farm park open in 2022
- Monday to Friday – Term Time – 9.30am – 3pm = Open for 5.5 hours
- Weekends Term Time – 9.30am – 4pm = Open for 6.5 hours
- Dorset School Holidays – 9.30am – 5pm = Open for 7.5 hours, stay all day! i.e. Feb Half Term
We’re welcoming back events at Farmer Palmer’s
What a farm-tastic year we have planned for you at Farmer Palmer’s!
We’ve already had lots of meetings to discuss events and activities for the year ahead.
- A limited number of half price MOTHER’S day tickets this year! (More info further down)
- EASTER events with bunnies and eggs this year!
- We’ll be celebrating the QUEEN’S JUBILEE! The Queen’s special anniversary will head up a long public holiday weekend held Thursday 2 – Sunday 4 June 2022.
- FATHER’s day could see half price tickets and a BBQ!
- We will be doing something for GRANDPARENT’s day too!
Please keep opening those newsletters and updates, you’ll hear it there first!
Our Website is becoming more Mobile-Friendly
This year we’re re-investing in our website. We know you are struggling to see the website on 4G due to slow loading in weak signal areas.
Please use wifi to view the website and when recommending us to friends. We’re solving this problem for you in two stages.
- Stage 1: Reconfigure content and images on our existing website in early 2022 so it loads better and works well on mobile phones. WE’RE ALMOST THERE!
- Stage 2: Launch a BRAND NEW website in Early Summer 2022
We’d love your feedback.
1. If there’s something not quite working right on our website.
2. If there is a page you would like included in a new site for the future.
Please feel free to let us know so we can get it right for you. Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you #teamworkmakesthedreamwork
Dates for your Diaries
Sat 19th Feb – Sun 27th Feb – February Half Term
Come and enjoy some family fun on the farm in February Half Term. Our resident goats are due to kid at the end of January so they’ll be lots of adorable babies for you to meet. We’re open 9.30am-5.00pm.
Thur 3rd March – Sun 6th March – World Book Day/Weekend
This year we are joining in on the World Book Day celebrations! World Book Day takes place on Thursday 3rd March, we’ll be adding book readings of the World of Dinosaur Roar books to our timetable of events for 4 days of literary fun (so your little ones can make the most out of their World Book Day outfits!) More details coming soon. We will have the official World of Dinosaur Roar: World Book Day BOOK for your little ones to get their eager hands on. Find out more about World Book Day here.
Sun 27th March – Mother’s Day
We know Mum’s are amazing! You deserve a special treat, so this Mother’s Day at Farmer Palmer’s Mum’s can visit for half price! Go to https://www.bookings.
Tues 19th April – Car Boot Sales Start (TBC)
Farmer Palmer Senior’s famous Tuesday Boot Sales are planned to restart on Tues 19th April (tbc) this year, running each Tuesday until Oct (weather permitting). It’s just £7 per vehicle to sell, free entry for buyers. No need to pre-book just turn up on the morning, gates open for sellers at 7.00am (buyers at 7.45am) TBC.
15th – 18th April – Easter Events
We haven’t been able to run our egg-cellent Easter events for TWO years now, but we’ve had a call from the Easter Bunny and they’re pretty confident they’ll be around for this year’s eggcitement!
The Queens Jubilee
As streets across the country prepare to party, we’re going to be hosting our very own farm-tastic celebrations! Anyone like Cream Teas? More information coming soon.
How to get your 1/2 Price Mother’s Day tickets
- Head to the Booking Site
- Select Sunday 27th March
- Select your admission tickets for the day, and select the 1/2 price Mother’s Day ticket, right at the bottom of the list for Mum
- Continue to check out and complete your purchase
Annual Pass Holders: You have the power of change!
In December it became obvious that Omnicron and Delta were doing their best to upset your Christmas plans. Thank you to everyone who emailed in or cancelled their booking so others could come.
I am a lover of numbers and analytics so each month I review how we interact together. As you know we allocate a % of spaces to you based upon how many pass holders we have and your booking demands per day.
- Sadly, In December, we only had one day where every pass holder turned up
- In the worst case we had over 20% of your reservation spaces booked but pass holders simply did not show up
This makes it extremely challenging for our team as everything from staffing to catering is now organised around those pre-booked visitor numbers. Please, please cancel your visits via your customer portal if you are unable to attend – you have the power!
Thank you so much for your cooperation. If our reservation system continues to be abused we will be forced to look into options for securing pass holder bookings and protecting against losses.
Top reasons to visit Farmer Palmer’s in February
- Keeping Trim – The trim trail is ready for some Spring activity!
- Go karts are great for burning calories – you’ll have lots of fun and a workout too!
- May our coffee be as strong as your toddler – delicious coffee is available from the Hen House, and if you’re reducing your caffeine intake we have plenty of de-caf options too.
- If you’ve changed your diet for 2022 and want help with dietary requirements – Ask the Hen House team for help, we have lots of options available.
- Fresh air helps you sleep, fact!
- Sunshine contains Vitamin D, come and absorb some on those blue sky days!
- Feb Half Term we’re open 9.30am-5.00pm
- Bonus reason – there’s always a warm welcome waiting for you
Lunch Al Fresco?
We’ve been enjoying some wonderful Winter sunshine this month already, it’s even been warm enough for some of you to take your lunch outside! You are very welcome to use the benches provided around the park. As a gentle reminder, please recycle your rubbish in the right bins provided or take it home
“Music can change the World” – Beethoven
Come along and make sweet music at the farm park! We’ve added some beautiful new instruments to our Music Lawn! Let your little ones get creative with sound!
Reminder: Our NEW Cow Bouncy Castle will be here for Feb Half Term! We’re very excited to be able to re-invest in the things that you love.
Thank you for reading our January 2022 update. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
January 2022 Update from Farmer Palmer’s, published 31/01/2022