When are the Car Boot Sales at Farmer Palmer’s?
Car Boot Sales run each Tuesday. Farmer Palmer’s Car Boot Sales will start on 19th April 2022 and they will run until September.
Times and Prices Information
Sellers – please arrive early, GATES OPEN by 7.00am*, the charge is £7 per vehicle (subject to change) for your 6m x 10m pitch. Double pitches available for larger vehicles. If you want to pay for two pitches together you will need to arrive in convoy.
Buyers – the buyers gate opens at 7.30 am*. This is different from the seller’s traffic gate. This is no charge for entry, free parking, refreshments, and toilets are available.
*Gate opening times may be flexible due to the time of year/weather conditions i.e. in Summer we may open sellers gate earlier
What if it is raining?
We will still be there (unless extreme high winds/torrential rain). Consequently, it will be your responsibility to check the weather and therefore decide whether to come or not.
Based upon the success of previous years we ask you all to continue with good hygiene practices and social distancing as a matter of good conduct.
How do the Car Boot Sales at Farmer Palmer’s run?
- Separated Buyers and Sellers entrances
- Dedicated parking area for disabled visitors
- Refreshments Van opens when the Sellers gate opens, and an Ice Cream Van opens between 9am-10am
- Onsite toilets
- Dogs currently welcome on leads but ALL DOG POO must be taken home by owners
SELLERS Arrival at the Car Boot Sale –
- Sellers gate opens at 7am or earlier when required
- Please have the correct entrance money, £7 per vehicle
- You will be provided with a 10m long, 6m deep pitch
- You can buy 2 pitches if needed
- If sellers from the same family/friend want to be pitched together they must arrive together in convoy
- We will have a Marshall (wearing hi-viz) to guide parking
- Please be fair to your buyers, strictly NO SELLING BEFORE 7.30am, including seller-to-seller
- Cars will all face the same direction, we advise you bring a table, you may need to bring a shade too if it’s very sunny
- We advise you bring your own first aid kit
SELLERS DEPARTURE –
WHEN YOU LEAVE please drive out slowly and carefully, the way you are already facing, around the field in a clockwise direction with your hazard lights on. Please take ALL of your rubbish, and any unsold items home with you.
BUYERS at the Car Boot Sale –
- The Buyers gate will open at 7.30am
- Free entry for buyers
- Dedicated disabled parking spaces are available on a first come first served basis, please bring your badge
Please listen to any instructions given by our team because we must all work together to make these car boot sales a success. Photography is in operation.
Make sure you’re signed up here https://farmerpalmers.co.uk/newsletter/
What Normally Happens?
Where? As you drive into Farmer Palmer’s main driveway, go into the second field on your right.
Sellers please stay to the RIGHT and drive up into the top field.
Buyers turn LEFT as you enter the field and drive up into the next field. The buyer’s gate is on the left side of the field.
Who Will Help?
Our team is there to guide you into your selling space. Buyers, please respect their guidance. Firstly, they are good-hearted people, and secondly, they are doing their best to uphold the standards set. Consequently, bad behaviour by sellers or buyers will not be tolerated and therefore you may be asked to leave.
So let’s help you have a great day in the countryside
This summer we will open our gates to bargain hunters and super sellers! It’s a great reason to have a clear-out at home, make some space, and make a few £s too! In addition, you could it as an opportunity to teach children how to make pocket money. Car Boot Sales will run from April to September in 2022.
Please watch our Facebook page for more info and dates.
See Farm Park Opening Times and Prices
Palmer’s Farm Partnership Risk Assessment