When Is Farmer Palmers Re-opening in 2021 and what’s open?
Monday 12th April 2021
Find out what’s open at Farmer Palmer’s . . .
READ LATEST UPDATE: Changes from the 19th July at Farmer Palmer’s
ALL bookings need to made online, the same as last year. Book Tickets Here.
- Passholders you can reserve your visits via your Annual Pass Portal with your usual sign-in.
- Everyone else we welcome you to buy your tickets via our main website button BUY TICKETS and our Times and prices pages
Animal Demonstrations Spaced Across Two Barns
We have worked hard taking care of all the animals during lock-down.
In 2021 lockdown we obtained full planning permission to use the Big Barn for you for our demonstrations every day.
We now have 2 Animal Barns to offer you lots of activities undercover.
Small Animal Barn
We reintroduced Guinea Pig Handling in Step 3 of the Government’s Roadmap, around the 17th May. For Spring we have baby pygmy goats, chicks, the very popular aviary, and lots of adorable guinea pigs & rabbits to watch.
Come and meet the Goats, Valais Sheep, Cows, and other friends. Here we have the brilliant socially distanced feeding events with family bubbles, groups of 6 etc. Your children will feel great being educated, entertained and full of happy smiles. Check out our What’s On Page.
We loved saving paper last year so will not be handing out paper timetables in the shop. A large copy of the timetable will be displayed and you are welcome to photograph it using your smartphone.
What’s Open at Farmer Palmer’s: Outdoor Attractions
The following areas are OPEN (please be aware of the important social distancing signage or one-way systems when you visit):
- Shop (2 Entrances)
- Straw Mountain (limit to 6 families please)
- Pedal Tractors
- Both Toilet Areas & Baby Changing Areas
- Small Animal Barn
- BIG Barn
- Sand Play and Wendy Houses (1 family per piece of equipment)
- Splash Zone
- Pedal Go Karts (Please respect our staff who will have cleaning to do)
- Hen House Restaurant (for delicious food and drinks – takeaway service initially)
- Outdoor Animal Pens (please remember to wash hands after visiting animal contact)
- Trim Trail & Play Field
- Tractor Ride (additional charge – Same price as 2020)
- Deer Safari (additional charge – the same price as 2020 – weekends and school holidays only)
Some Undercover Attractions can Open.
These Barns are Open fronted or have additional ventilation to be considered open to the fresh air but with a roof.
What’s Open at Farmer Palmers: Indoor Attractions (re-opened in line with Government Roadmap Guidelines)
- Little Farmer’s Fun Barn
- Bouncy Castles
- Indoor Soft Play
- Woodland Walk (“The World of Dinosaur Roar” scheduled opening for June Half Term 2021)
- Maize Maze will not re-open until it has fully grown in July
Due to the restrictions on numbers, social distancing procedures, cleaning, staffing, ventilation, etc. we are running these areas on a limited-access system, managed by a member of the team with timed sessions.
Testimonials on Our Priority for Safety and Cleanliness
“I agree 100%, there is more than enough to do and we have fun every time we are there! FP has been very upstanding and feels very safe to visit. Thank you for keeping us safe”
“We’ve visited three times, with our passes, since you have reopened and added another family member as an extra pass holder. We are all very impressed by the measures you have put in place and the decisions you have made. Thank you for thinking of the safety and welfare of your little and big visitors. See you on Wednesday! By the way, the cake in the cafe is amazing!!!!”
Take-Away Trend is Back at Farmer Palmer’s Restaurant, or you can sit at a socially distanced table.
Our team has all of your favourite meals, delicious cakes, and warming hot drinks ready to go.
- Please enter the Hen House via the main doors at the front of the building to go one way.
- Wash hands before getting food or use sanitiser
- Pay special attention to signage and one-way flow floor markings
- You can order your takeaway food and drinks at the front counter, where a member of the team will serve you from behind a perspex screen.
- Exit by the side doors to locate tables outside or choose a socially distanced table in the Hen House which is marked as ‘cleaned/sanitised’ with our signage
- Please use contactless payment if possible, although we will not refuse cash
Where can I eat?
We have plenty of tables outside, in the pedal tractor barn, and around the Farm Park. All of our outside tables are clean and ready for you. Alternatively, you can choose a table inside the Hen House.
Once you receive your food/drink please exit via the side doors facing the tractor ride & duck pond.
If you have a pushchair, please use the path around the building to access the tables on the grass.
Summer 2020 Video Below for information from May 2020.
We have adapted the Hen House layout to comply with New Government Guidelines, please watch the video below.
PLEASE HELP US by tidying away ALL of your rubbish into the bins provided. There will be an area for trays that will be thoroughly sanitised before being restocked in the Hen House for visitors.
We humbly ask you NOT to bring picnics at this time. We have so much financial recovery to do to enable us to survive, also to enable us to keep our team working in the Hen House we need your custom. They are already on reduced hours and we need to do everything we can to keep them busy. Thank you so much in advance.
If you require water, please use the outside drinking tap to refill your own water bottles. Unfortunately, we are unable to refill your water containers in our Hen House. Bottled water will still be available for purchase.
Safety Still Counts
We are ready to start looking after you and your little VIP’s.
Useful links for your frequently asked questions
Click here to book your tickets to visit Farmer Palmer’s (all visits must be pre-booked online)
Please check the above information before emailing, calling, or messaging us. We are still on limited teams.
Last Updated 23.06.2021