The Big Barn is OPEN for animal activities galore!
The care, attention to detail, investment, and pure passion has been a united collaborative effort with Big Barn.
Jess’s “how we built it” video is a real behind-the-scenes insight. The Animal Barn team have a plan to add to their timetable of experiences, now the barn is complete. Oh and warning, the baby kid goats are so CUTE I have already indulged in hours watching their bouncy antics!
You can be one of the first to see the barn this week, before Easter starts, so what are you waiting for?
We hope you’re as EGG-cited as we are!
If something is worth doing, it is worth doing right – that is our ethos. We manage our expectations by knowing that even the most careful planning doesn’t necessarily ensure the first vision of success. Well, the big barn took a little more time than planned but we are sure you will agree it is going to be a huge success.
It’s been a long time coming, but it is finally here! Our Big Barn is open for you all to enjoy. The team have been super busy, ensuring everything is paw-fect for you and your little ones to explore.
- You can meet the goats, and their babies throughout the day, but more specifically during our Meet the Goat & Goat Feeding sessions.
- Our Creature Comforts session, where you can handle guinea pigs and rabbits, is now x3 times the size! You can watch them through the glass, hold them, feed them their evening snacks, and also learn about other new animals we have – like mice & gerbils!
- You and your little ones will be able to meet the cows & calves , in our new ‘cowshed’ at the end of the Big Barn.
We have so many people to thank for the completion of our Big Barn. We honestly do have an amazing team and contractors, and without their hard work, it wouldn’t be ready for you all. Therefore, we want to give a massive thank you to the following:
- Frogman Carpentary – for all of the amazing woodwork, not only in the Big Barn but around the park in the outside pens! You’ve transformed the farm park for our customers & animals.
- CW Stanley – for doing an incredible job on tarmacking the floors. They worked so efficiently that it was done within a day!
- Robbie & Jim – our maintenance team. They have sealed floors, painted, set up fencing, dug holes, and much more. You have worked incredibly hard to ensure everything meets our Health & Safety and Exhibition Licence regulations.
- Katy & our Animal Barn Team – they have worked in around the chaos, helping project manage our team to ensure that everything is created with the animal’s needs first. Katy has also put some amazing, fun and educating activities for you and your little ones to get involved with!